Cupcakes are such a simple, fun, quick delight to bake that i really love them. Nice to bake for evening parties, to have with your tea or simply when someone’s coming over or kids want a quick fix for their sweet tooth. Literally takes me 10 minutes to whip up the batter and another 10 minutes in the oven- and you’re done!
This cupcake recipe is basic and one of my favorites because it restored my faith in baking. You see, i love to bake but since a long time I was dejected because my cakes would just not turn out right! I had stopped baking altogether. Then one fine day I stumbled upon this perfect recipe (related to me by my aunt) and viola! they turned out so well i was ecstatic. I felt like i could bake anything again and I did. From cakes to fish bread and other things, there was no stopping me. I’m back to loving to bake so without further ado, here’s a perfect cupcake recipe for you to gather praise!
Ingredients you need:
Sugar: 1 cup
Oil: 1/2 cup
Flour: 1 cup
Cocoa powder: 1/cup
Baking powder: 1 tsp
Chocolate chunks: 1/2 cup (optional)
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees.
- Beat sugar with oil. (Grinding the sugar beforehand is advisable).
- Add eggs one by one and beat.
- Add sifted flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. You can also mix it in with a spatula and then beat it. (This is to avoid the dry ingredients from creating a mess as you beat it).
- Mix in the chocolate chunks (optional)
- Pour batter into your cupcake pan and bake for 10-12 minutes at 180 degrees
- Thank me after you’re done :).
For my icing I used Nutella and some store bought sprinkles. You can make your own fudge icing too by mixing butter (100 gram) with icing sugar (4 ounce) and then add chocolate (150 gram).
I haven’t tried this fudge icing but let me know how it turns out for you. The cupcakes are sure to turn out bomb!